Children and young people
There is a creche room for 0 - 3 year olds at the back of the church, equipped with toys and books. Parents are asked to supervise their own children.
Kids Club meets on Sunday mornings
- Kids Club is for children aged 3 - 11
- Children and adults start together in church at 10.30 am. After All Age Time, the children leave to go to their Kids Club groups, and return to the church at the end of the service.
- Kids Club is currently divided
into 2 age-related groups: Reception - Year 2 Year 3 - Year 6
- Kids Club uses Scripture Union 'Light' materials, specially designed for teaching children
Pathfinders also meet on Sunday mornings
- Pathfinders is for young people at secondary school, ages 11 - 18
- Pathfinders start together with everyone else in church at 10.30 am. After All Age Time, they leave for their Pathfinders group, and return to the church at the end of the service.
- Pathfinders uses Urban Saints teaching materials.
- Pathfinders also meet occasionally during the week for social activities, or for special outings.
The dates this year are 17 - 22 August 2019
HOLIDAY BIBLE CLUBS
St Barnabas runs a Holiday Bible Club for 5 - 11s each year
- on Good Friday, 10.00 - 12.30, telling the Easter story
- in August, for a whole week, 10.00 - 12.30, using Scripture Union materials
In 2016 we ran Megamakers, in 2017 we ran Guardians of Ancora, in 2018 we ran Teambuilders .
This year we will be running Backpackers 19th - 23rd August.